The National Labour and Economic Development Institute (NALEDI)
The National Labour and Economic Development Institute (NALEDI) is a nonprofit organisation formed in 1993 to carries out labour and economic research. NALEDI’s mission is to conduct policy-relevant research aimed at building the capacity of the labour movement to effectively engage with the challenges of the new South African society. Besides research, NALEDI’s work also includes managing multi-institutional projects at national and international levels.
NALEDI seeks to appoint a Research and Coordinator – Climate Change Project, based in Johannesburg.
This is a middle-level position that offers the incumbent an exciting opportunity to interface with a range of themes, debates and methodologies around climate change. The successful candidate will sign a two-year contract, which is renewable depending on funding.
- Managing the climate change project;
- Researching the social impacts of climate change;
- Conducting workshops to empower labour to understand and engage with the climate crisis.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably a Master’s degree in the social sciences or development studies;
- Good knowledge of issues and debates around social and economic justice including human development. An established knowledge of climate change issues would be an advantage;
- Minimum of three years of proven quantitative and qualitative research experience;
- Excellent project management skills, analytical ability and meticulous attention to detail;
- Good facilitation, education and training skills;
- Commitment to social and environmental justice.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
To apply, submit a CV (three pages maximum), contact details of three referees and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must also include a maximum two page essay on the climate crisis.
Enquiries: Rose Mcopela, Tel: 011 403 2122.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the National Labour and Economic Development Institute, refer to www.naledi.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.