The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP)
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is Cape Town based NGO with offices in Gauteng and Kwazulu Natal. REAP assists South African rural students to access Higher Education throughout South Africa. The REAP Programme promotes holistic, student development and student success and aims to produce impactful, employable, young South African citizens during their tertiary career.
REAP seeks to appoint a mature professionally, forward thinker with intrinsically high standards for quality, accuracy and attention to detail as Regional Coordinator, based at its REAP Cape Town Office.
- Fulfil all SDA role requirements and be exemplary in the standard of its execution;
- Oversee, quality, assure and coordinate all aspects of the SDA role with the allocated SDAs. This includes:
a) All components of Student Support and Development within the REAP cycle against stringent timelines and envisaged Programme plans.
b) All administrative aspects: i.e data-capturing; report writing; record keeping w.r.t. student information, academic results, student financial administration & student accommodation.
- Ensure quality Programme planning, coordination and implementation;
- Guide, manage and review the allocated SDA's performance;
- Develop, promote and maintain strategic institutional relationships and partnerships; thereby increasing organizational presence and visibility within the HEI Sector as well as reducing Programme costs;
- Meaningfully and fully participate in organizational meetings and dialogue for the enrichment of the REAP Programme;
- Mentoring of new employees;
- Deputise in the absence of the Head of Programme and play a supportive role to the Head of Programme.
- Completed Social Work or Social Sciences degree;
- Minimum of two years experience with a proven track record in excellent execution of Student Support;
- Indepth knowledge and applied understanding of Student Support within the Higher Education Sector;
- Working knowledge and applied understanding of advanced Project Management and Programme Management Principles;
- Two years database management and database administration experience;
- Unendorsed drivers licence;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Very high levels of self- directed learning potential;
- Exceptional administrative skills;
- Ability to work within allocated budgets and budgetary control;
- Excellent Interpersonal and Team playing Skills;
- Advanced report writing skills;
- Very high internal standards of quality, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Advanced planning, coordinating and project management skills;
- Assertiveness Skills;
- Analytical and integrative thinking skills;
- Problem-solving skills with a solutions based approach;
- Ability to analyse data, report trends and make strategic recommendations based on data analysis;
- High levels of initiative with a highly proactive stance;
- Self- assured, yet humble and teachable;
- Excellent self-management skills;
- Quick-paced with the ability to multi-task accurately under pressure;
- Positively influential with leadership skills;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Professionally mature displaying professional discernment w.r.t. independent decision-making and relational skills;
- Willingness to travel;
- Must subscribe to en “ethos of a community serving humanity/Ubuntu“.
Will be an advantage:
- Genuine interest, knowledge and insight into the Higher Education Sector;
- Self-directed, passionate interest and understanding of the South African Rural Education context;
- Postgraduate or tertiary qualification in Project Management;
- People supervision experience.
This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who had previously applied to this position, please do not re-apply!
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV, motivating letter stating why your application to Charné Fortune at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about The Rural Education Access Programme, refer to www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.