Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Medical Officer – Grade 1, based in Masiphumelele, Cape Town.
This is a full-time one-year contract position will be based at the Masiphumelele Site near Fish Hoek. The primary purpose of the position will be the management of participants enrolled on HIV treatment and prevention trials under the supervision of experienced clinicians.
- Clinical Procedures – the medical officer must ensure that participants are managed according to protocol requirements and medical ethical standards;
- Protocol-specific procedures – assist in appropriate recruitment of study participants; ensure that the research protocol is followed correctly;
- Study Administration – must complete study documentation accurately and must collaborate with and support other research staff.
- Medical Degree and HPCSA registration;
- Demonstrated Clinical knowledge;
- Strong decision making and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent ability to build interpersonal relationships;
- Strong client focus;
- High level of decision making and creative problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- ART experience beneficial;
- Experience in clinical and research environment would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
To apply, submit a concise CV (no certificates) and details of three contactable referees to the The Human Resource Manager at Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 650 6963 (indicating the name of the position that you apply for).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidate is identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.