Zoë-Life is a purpose-driven organisation working towards societal transformation through direct service interventions, capacity-building, technical support and skills training for organisations and communities. Zoë-Life specialises in addressing crucial areas of need, with a core focus on health (HIV, TB and malaria), child survival (infant feeding, nutrition, shelter and illness management), and family strengthening (psychosocial support and parental health).
Spread the word as we begin the search for a group of dedicated and inspiring young South Africans who want to challenge themselves to change their worlds.
Zoë-Life, working in partnership with Tearfund UK, a Christian development agency, seeks to recruit young people between the ages of 18-25 (over 23 for team leader positions) to volunteer as part of the International Citizenship Service (ICS) programme and take part in a 10 week volunteering adventure based in KwaZulu-Natal.
This exciting opportunity offers South African youth the chance to work with volunteers from the UK and engage in issues that really matter to them making a difference in communities through involvement in grassroots projects based in schools, creches and nonprofit organisations (NPOs).
Currently, we have two more 10 week placements taking place this year, beginning in June and October.
- Volunteer Positions - for candidates between 18 - 25 years of age
- Team Leader Positions - for interested candidates 23 years and older
- Able to commit to 10 weeks living away from home, no home visits allowed (except in the case of an emergency)
- Excellent English skills
- Hardworking, flexible and motivated
- Be willing to learn and face challenges on a daily basis
- Be able to work in a cross-cultural setting - Volunteers will be living and working with young people from the United Kingdom
- Be a committed follower of Jesus
- Projects located in and around Durban, Valley of 1000 Hills and Tugela Ferry
- Programs are dry – no alcohol consumption for entire placement, including evenings and weekends
- Volunteers will live in host home accommodation in community, arranged by Zoë-Life
- All successful applicants must attend a 3 day Pre-orientation training before the 10 week placement begins.
To apply, submit a firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an ICS application pack. Alternatively, a copy of the application form is also available on the Zoë-life website at the following link: http://zoe-life.co.za/wp-content/uploads/ICS_Application-Form_December_2014.pdf.
Successful applicants will be contacted for a selection day based in Durban. Space is limited, so the sooner you apply the better your chances are for being selected! The due date to apply for the June placement is 10 April 2015.
All project-related transport, accommodation and food is covered during the 10 week placement.
Transport costs are also covered to and from the Selection Day and Pre-orientation Training.
Non South-African citizens are welcome to apply, however you will have to provide proof of residence in SA, as well as an original police clearance from your country of origin.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Zoë-Life, refer to www.zoe-life.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.