The DG Murrary Trust
‘Social Franchising for Early Childhood Development’ is an innovation that was initiated funded by the DG Murray Trust (DGMT), together with the Hollard Trust and other investors committed to Early Childhood Development (ECD) in South Africa.
A design and development phase (May 2014 to April 2015) is at an advanced stage and will result in the May 2015 launch of a national early learning brand in South Africa and a new legal entity – a Non-Profit Company (NPC), as yet unnamed. The social franchise aims to reach 750 000 children annually by building a delivery vehicle over the next 10 years through a dual strategy of i) increasing access to early learning opportunities through informal playgroups, and ii) improving the quality of existing early learning provision, by training and supporting unregistered ECD practitioners. This will be supported by a national awareness campaign that drives improved early learning programme participation and initiation, as well as building a network of ECD practitioners to drive consistent and quality delivery to children.
The Early Learning Social Franchise (ELSF) seeks to appoint a Managing Director, who is, as inspired as us, to close the gap of quality early learning in South Africa and over the next three years establish and build the ELSF for scale and government adoption.
The person is expected to have experience in establishment and management of large scale enterprises. S/he must be able to lead the establishment of the social franchise and firmly place on pathway for government adoption over next three years.
The role will be based in Johannesburg but will require substantial travel, and ability to work with a team across other metropoles.
- Establish the Early Learning Social Franchise and set on pathway for government adoption according to goals and objectives after three years
- Manage strategic direction and operations of enterprise, including:
- Launch and build national brand;
- Establish and manage network;
- Develop and execute funding strategy;
- Drive financial sustainability;
- Deliver performance of practitioners.
- Minimum of five years in an executive role, managing diverse team and functions;
- Minimum of five years of experience managing large scale enterprises;
- Minimum of five years of experience managing annual budgets in excess of R10 million;
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a reputable tertiary education institution;
- Experience in social developmental sector would be advantageous.
The Managing Director will lead a small team of senior executives to deliver the objectives for the social franchise. We are looking for a high caliber executive and as such the salary is highly competitive and negotiable.
If you are as excited as us by the ambitious goal of closing the Early Learning gap for three and four years olds in South Africa, we invite you to apply.
To apply, submit a CV, with reference letters and a one pager motivation letter to Justine Jowell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about DG Murray Trust, refer to http://dgmt.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.