Does your print story now require audio? Is your broadcast world moving into cyberspace? Get the skills you need to thrive in journalisms digital age. Here is a chance to learn to tell more powerful stories--and tell them online through multimedia tools. We will teach you the key skills, as well as how to navigate ethical pressure points in emerging platforms as a leader. Most importantly, we will explore how to change the way you think about storytelling and the role of independent journalism in the service of free societies. Explore the importance of natural sound and the ethics of editing. Plus, receive basic photo and photo-editing instruction designed to help you capture the images your multimedia reports need.
Participants will learn:
- How to edit photos for greater impact, using production tools like Soundslides to create Web presentations. Key multimedia skills, including audio, still photography and video
- How to recognise and negotiate the ethical issues specific to multimedia
- What it takes to survive and thrive in a constantly changing landscape
- How and why you need to build your brand as a journalist
- The leadership skills and knowledge you need to chart your own career path
Closing date: 16 October 2009
For more information on IAJ, click here.