Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement.
CCI seeks to appoint a Monitoring & Evaluation and Quality Improvement Officer to be based in Pretoria.
The role of this position is to coordinate and implement Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Quality Improvement (QI) activities across all provinces, and also ensure that all Community Responses (CR) programmatic data management and reporting requirements for Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) are maintained. This position is for a duration of 12 months (1 Dec 2020 to 30 October 2021) and will be based in Pretoria
Employment Type:Fixed Term Contract (1 Dec 2020 – 30 Sept 2021)
Reports to:Senior Advisor M&E
- Develop or adapt QI tools and registers necessary for implementation of quality interventions.
- Collaborate with other M&E and programme colleagues in supporting comprehensive quality improvement in CR project interventions.
- Document and analyse factors contributing to quality gaps identified through continuous quality improvement processes and outline corrective action plans for implementation.
- Promote and facilitate information sharing of persistent quality barriers and best practices to accelerate learning and programme improvement.
- Regularly summarize and report activities, outcomes, and challenges to stakeholders including the Programme Managers and Chief of Party.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of Community Responses activities across all the supported sub-districts to ensure quality data management processes.
- Ensure timely collection, review, analysis and submission of data and narrative reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually) and tracking of activities and progress towards achievement of annual targets.
- Assist with the compilation of programme data and narrative reports including challenges and solutions to improve programme performance.
- Coordinate internal Routine Data Quality Assurance (RDQA) sessions and ensure that findings are shared with the programme team.
- Ensure Implementation of CR programmes data management adheres to the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Work with Community Partners, M&E Managers/ Officers to ensure that all the program data are captured accurately into the Salesforce M&E database.
- Support training and capacity development activities for partners.
- Ensure that all M&E documents are properly filed & readily available.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Supervisor and/the M&E Unit.
- Minimum of Bachelor (Honours) degree in health or social sciences or science or another relevant degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in programmes or monitoring, evaluation or research in areas such as: public health and/or development programmes such as HIV, reproductive, maternal, new-born, child and adolescent health and nutrition; health systems strengthening; individual and/or institutional capacity building; health and strategic information;
- Demonstrated experience in both quality improvement approaches and monitoring and evaluations.
- Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for system strengthening/capacity building and service delivery strengthening.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint MS Office software required.
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity, including coaching and mentoring.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker and ability to assimilate information fast.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative and take ownership of his/her tasks.
- Able to generate and adapt creative ideas and solutions to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, giving attention to detail and maintaining a high standard of professionalism.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Communication skills in other South African languages will be an advantage.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Should you be interested please should forward a motivation letter together with an updated CV to CCI Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Wednesday the 17th of November 2020, please note that the position will remain opened until filled.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about CCI, refer to https://www.ccisa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies